Less than 22 hours before the new year.
where did the entire year go??
It seems that I’ve been here just yesterday, New Year’s Eve 2009. So quickly the time goes by without waiting on anyone. I have no intentions of making any new year resolutions, as I will most likely not meet any of them or try to avoid them completely.
Ten things I’ve learnt:
1. Most people are inherently assholes…most, not all.
2. Friends are fewer than you think and the term should be used sparingly.
3. For every ten assholes there is one genuine person.
4. Music is the cause and cure for everything.
5. Never allow people who think badly of you to have control over you. Forgive and let them go.
6. Be brave, even if you think the high levels of anxiety would kill you, it wouldn’t.
7. Speak your mind. No one is going to attain the ability to read minds…ever!!
8. Savor moments that bring a smile to your face rather than wasting time wishing it would never end.
9. Disappointment should be experienced now and then…it makes you appreciate things you deserve.
10. Helping others truly makes me happy.
So here’s to 2010, you were a bitch to me but somehow managed to shed a little light before departing.
2011, I’ll keep the following quote in mind as we start a new chapter, a new journey, a new year.
"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson